Dear Parents and Families,
As I am writing this (at 1:15pm on Sept 9), teachers are still working hard trying to finalize class placements. As you can imagine, we are working through extra complications and also adjusting to new information we just received about families who are seeking out Home Quest or Home Schooling. So classes will likely not be finalized until the end of the day. Due to this, I wanted to inform parents of the plan for our student orientation sessions for tomorrow and Friday.
As you know, the schedule for tomorrow and Friday is as follows.
Thursday, Sept 10th – Grade 1 -7 orientation to their new class and safety protocols as per the schedule below.
Students with last names starting with A-G to come from 9:00 -10:15
Students with last names starting with H-N to come from 10:45 -12:00
Students with last names starting with O-Z to come from 1:00 – 2:15
Friday, Sept 11 – Grade 1 -7 orientation to their new class and safety protocols as per the schedule below.
Students with last names starting with A-G in grades 1-7, to come from 9:00 -10:15
Students with last names starting with H-N in grades 1-7, to come from 10:45 -12:00
Students with last names starting with O-Z in grades 1-7, to come from 1:00 – 2:15
- When students arrive at their assigned orientation time, they are to look for a cone with their grade level labelled on it. STUDENTS ARE TO SOCIALLY DISTANCE IN THE LINE-UP.
- Teachers/Staff will come out and greet/collect students and walk them into the building.
- Parents who are picking up their child after the orientation session may want to pre-arrange a meeting place.
- Parents are asked to avoid congregating at the school and arrive as close to drop-off/pick-up times as possible.
- Also, a reminder that unfortunately parents and adults are not permitted to enter the building as part of our health and safety measures.
As you know, students will attend school on BOTH Thursday and Friday for 75 minutes at a time in small groupings. Each day students will focus on familiarizing themselves with their new learning group, and their teacher, while developing routines around the health and safety protocols that are now in at school.
I would like to thank you again for your patience and understanding as we work together towards a safe and successful start of the year.
Principal, Beach Grove Elementary