Dear Parents and Families,
Our amazing PAC is making it possible for us to bring Hip Hop to the school this year.
The kids will have Hip Hop sessions every day during the first week back after Spring Break. We will also have a performance assembly for parents during the afternoon of Friday, April 3rd (exact time to be announced).
Our Hip Hop Teachers have already assigned themes to our classes. We would love it if you can help us by finding some clothes that match the theme (if possible). Please see below for information on their clothes for our performance on April 3rd.
DIV 14 BOYDA (KINDERGARTEN) and DIV 13 WEST-SELLS (KINDERGARTEN)
- “Senior Citizens” – Dress like their grandparents (or as close to their grandparents as possible)
DIV 12 HANSEN & KENT (GRADE 1) and DIV 11 LAMBA (GRADE 1)
- “Country Western” – Dress up like Cowboys/Cowgirls
- Plaid and/or Denim clothing
- Cowboy/Cowgirl hat (optional)
DIV 10 ZAHN (GRADE 2) and DIV 9 ENGELLAND & OHS (GRADE 2/3)
- “Animals” – Animal print or camouflage print clothes
- Tops with Animals on them (if students have them). If they don’t have animal print or camouflage they can wear Green/Blue/White.
- Dark Bottoms
DIV 8 M. HARDY (GRADE 3) and DIV 7 S. HARDY & KENT (GRADE 3)
- “Out of This World” – Black, White and/or Grey Top and Dark Bottoms
DIV 6 MCCUE-DAVIES & EMES (GRADE 4) and DIV 5 REITH (GRADE 4/5)
- “911 Responders” – White, Blue and/or Red Top and Dark Bottoms
DIV 4 COTTER (GRADE 5) and DIV 3 COUGLE & VISSCHER (GRADE 6)
- “Been Around the World” – Same colours as the flags of France, Italy and S. Korea
DIV 2 CALDER (GRADE 6/7) and DIV 1 KLASSEN (GRADE 7)
- “90s” – White Top, Dark Bottoms or Jeans, button up shirt or zip-up hoodie (wrapped around waist)